- Let the sadness flow, for if you hold it back, it will block your pleasure. Breathe.
- Expiring money: The more they got, the more they needed to spend them before they expired, which they did after a year. You don’t need to save them.
- Fill our hearts with love, but not with peace. Not yet. It is too soon for peace. Fill them rather with a tempest, with a storm of love for Man and a tempest of love for Freedom.
- Some of us stayed home.
- What they mean when they say peace
- Real peace cannot be imposed; it can only emerge as a consequence of the resolution of conflict. hence the classic chant: no justice, no peace.
- That means you can’t have rich people and poor people without police to impose that unequal relation to resources.
- After the crest
- If we presume the goal of any tactic is always to maintain the momentum of a particular movement, we will never be able to do more that react quixotically against the inexorable passing of time. Rather than struggling to stave off dissolution, we should act with an eye to the future.
I got a lot out of reading this book. It’s definition and understanding of Anarchism is more clear than anything I’ve read so far. A bit dense at times though.
Though now there is controversy surrounding Michael Schmidt apparently being a White Nationalist.… Read the rest