- Anarchists stick together. Well, except when we get mad at one another over small details.
- It’s okay to let yourself love someone, but that letting yourself love someone is like letting someone have the keys to your control room, so you can share the responsibility of running yourself with someone else.
- What is love?
- Love: “The will to extend one’s self for the purpose of nurturing one’s own or another’s spiritual growth… Love is as love does. Love is an act of will — namely, both an intention and an action.
- Just beautiful passages
- It hijacks history classes and funerals, waylays secretaries on the way to the coffee machine, turn rails into slides and shopping malls into playgrounds, it sends lives spinning out of control. Movie directors endeavor to harness it, travel agents to peddle it, political parties to enlist it; but fantasy, like those who pursue it in earnest, can serve no employer.
- In it’s essence, social justice work, which King embodied and Butler expressed so skillfully in her novels and stories, is about love – a love that has the best hopes and wishes for humanity at heart.
This is one of the best books I’ve ever read. It presented a very powerful and personal vision of how society could be. Not utopian, still with challenges, still hard, still taking work, still real. But with virtually no oppression or suffering.… Read the rest
This is a fantastic book that really helped me to understand a lot more about gender. Very important. I highly recommend it.… Read the rest
Some people in my friend group have begun experimenting with polyamory (non-monogamy sexual relationships) and recommended The Ethical Slut as a good introduction to understand some of the why’s and hows of polyamory. It was a bit skeptical going in, but it’s been a life changing book that has opened up a lot of thought about communication, love, relationships (both poly and monogamous), and sex.… Read the rest