- Negative talk can also be a signal that you are more traumatized than you realize. Let it be a signal for the call for care. Whatever that care looks like for you.
- Avoiding grief
- Something goes out of alignment when we try to avoid sadness and grief.
- Life gives us pain. Our job is to experience it when it gets handed to us. Avoidance of loss has a cost.
By Chris Crass
Excellent book on organizing and anarchism. Very practical and relatable examples.
- Organizing / leadership
- Supporting people to come together and overcome isolation and feelings of inadequacy is one of the key tasks of organizers, and we can do this by developing a systematic understanding of the problems we face, nurturing relationships of solidarity and respect, building up collective power through action, and working for social change in ways that also help us grow and live our values in the here and now.
- Anarchists stick together. Well, except when we get mad at one another over small details.
- It’s okay to let yourself love someone, but that letting yourself love someone is like letting someone have the keys to your control room, so you can share the responsibility of running yourself with someone else.
Really incredible book. Highly recommend for anyone doing social justice work.
all that you touch
all that you change
the only lasting truth
god is change
- What is Emergent strategy?
- Emergence notices the way small actions and connections create complex systems, patterns that become ecosystems and societies.
- As capital concentrated, it seized the means of productions from the hands of the artisans, forcing them into factories and shops owned and run by capitalists… They became utterly dependent upon the capitalists for a livelihood; they had to sell their labor from day to day to make a living.
- Government / Settler Culture
- European philosophies have always been much less concerned about the search for truth than with providing intellectual covers for the exercises of brute power by white rulers.
- When there’s not enough to go around, that’s when people share. As far as I can tell, it’s part of why us poor get taken advantage of so much.
- Mayday is a ritual that has been, throughout history accompanied by bonfires. As the flames engulf the abandoned riot van, the people dance around like a band of festive Celts of old. Here we are, history dancing with us, the heathens of the ages resisting the suppression of our day of leisure, our day of carnival, our merry-making.
- The first step toward changing the situation occurred in the latter part of 1032 when a small mimeographed publication, the Waterfront Worker, began to appear on the docks and in places where longshoremen congregated. Humble in format and clumsily turned out, it hardly gave the impression of a powerful influence.